Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. For those of you who need a simple, inexpensive gift idea that doesn’t take a lot of time, this is the perfect gift to make!
I made this for my fiance last year. I wasn’t sure what he would think about it being that he’s a guy and guys typically aren’t the sappy-share-your-feelings type of people. However, I must say that he seems to love it! (Or at least that’s what he’s told me haha) We’ve turned it into a game by trying to see how long the other person can go before they see a new message. Sometimes the messages are goofy and funny, while other times they’re more serious and heartfelt. Either way, it’s a great way to keep yourselves entertained for a while!
- 5×7 picture frame
- Scrapbook paper
- Letter stickers (I actually used Thickers for my project because I already had them at home and I loved the different patterned letters – but any regular sticker will work as well!)
- Rubber cement (If planning on creating a mat using scrapbook paper like I did)
Tutorial:1. Remove the glass from your frame and put it on the page of paper you want as a background. Trace around the glass with your pencil, and then cut it out.
2. Repeat step 1 using a different color of scrapbook paper. One of the pieces of paper will be used as your mat, while the other will be where you write the “I Love You Because…” phrase.
3. Using your ruler, measure 1 centimeter on each side of the paper and draw a line so that you have a smaller rectangle inside your paper. Cut on the line.
4. Use rubber cement to glue the smaller piece of scrapbook paper onto the center of the larger piece. Now your background looks like it has a mat.
5. Use your letter stickers to write out “I Love You Because…” in the center of the scrapbook paper.
6. Insert the paper into the frame as if it were a picture.
7. Grab a dry erase marker and start writing your messages!