These are a great substitute recipe if you love potato pancakes and want to eat something with a similar taste but with a healthier carb than a white potato.
They make great lunches, snacks, and/or appetizers. Plus, they don’t take long to make. Always a bonus. You can whip these fritters up in just about 10 minutes!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl. Mash some of the whole chickpeas with a fork in order to thicken the batter. Leave some chickpeas whole.
- Heat a skillet with oil of choice and pour batter to make fritters about 4 inches in diameter. Let cook for about 3-4 minutes or until brown on one side then flip and repeat.
- Once the fritters are browned on both sides, serve and enjoy!