I’m not a coffee drinker. I know, I know, not drinking coffee probably seems like a sin to some of you. It’s not that I don’t drink it because I think it’s unhealthy. I don’t drink coffee because I can’t stand the taste. I’ve tried tons of times to see if my taste buds have changed, but they still haven’t.
As a teacher, I get tons of Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts gift cards as presents. Since I don’t drink coffee, I often order tea instead. Chai lattes are my absolute favorite! They’re so delicious, but LOADED with sugar. The other day I was craving something sweet and decided to experiment and see if I could come up with my own healthier version. Being that it was also 100°+ outside, I decided to make my latte an iced version instead.
Start off by making a regular cup of tea. I chose to use green tea, however black tea would work as well.
Next I added in some almond milk, liquid stevia, pure vanilla extra, and cinnamon and all spice for extra flavor. Mix it all up and refrigerate for about 10-15 minutes if planning to create an iced tea.
- 1 tea bag
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 5 drops liquid stevia
- 2 drops pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp all spice
- 1. Boil water and place tea bag in the water for about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add milk, stevia, vanilla, and spices. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- 3. If you're making iced tea, cool the tea in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes.
- 4. Remove from refrigerator, add ice, and enjoy.